Undertaking research to support education throughout the life course.
Head of Department: Professor Brad Blitz
The Department of Education, Practice and Society (EPS) has specialists from a wide variety of disciplines who undertake research to support education throughout the life course by contributing to economic, social and political debate as well as development in societies, nationally and internationally.
- Our staff
IRIS department Widget PlaceholderJ80
Study with us?
Our programmes provide students with enriching learning and teaching experiences that reflect their interests and starting points, enabling them to develop professionally and personally. Many of our alumni maintain an ongoing relationship with the work of the department and UCL Institute of Education.
Funnelback feed: https://cms-feed.ucl.ac.uk/s/search.json?collection=drupal-ioe-undergrad...Double click the feed URL above to edit
- Graduate taught
- Comparative Education MA
- Education and International Development MA
- Education and International Development: Conflict, Emergencies and Peace MA
- Education, Gender and International Development MA
- Education, Health Promotion and International Development MA
- Educational Planning, Economics and International Development MA
- Engineering and Education MSc
- Philosophy of Education MA
- Policy Studies in Education MA
- Social Justice and Education MA
- Sociology of Education MA
- Teacher training
- Graduate research
Funnelback feed: https://cms-feed.ucl.ac.uk/s/search.json?collection=drupal-ioe-research-...Double click the feed URL above to edit
We have an exciting research portfolio of projects, including:
- Accountability for gender equality in education
- ASPIRES 2: Longitudinal research project studying young people's science and career aspirations
- Being young in Brexit Britain
- Best Practice in Grouping Students
- COVID-19 youth economic activity and health monitor
- End Gender Violence in Schools
- Growing up in coastal towns: exploring the impact of place on young people’s life chances
- Higher education in conflict resolution and peacebuilding
- Higher Education, Inequality and the Public Good in four African countries: South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and Ghana
- Imagining Somaliland
- More than Knowledge Transfer??The wider benefits of postgraduate taught programmes for international development
- Pedagogies for Critical Thinking: Innovation and Outcomes in African Higher Education
- Primary Science Capital Project
- Reading Aloud in Britain Today (RABiT)
- STEM Participation & Social Justice Research
- Youth Equity + STEM
For more info about our projects, researchers, publications, activities, groups and themes visit:
Drawing from the extensive experience and expert knowledge, the department helps clients worldwide to move from problem to solution in the areas of education and training.
Our fields of expertise focus on higher and further education as well as vocational education and training, and we have provided successful consultancies to local authorities, charities, educational institutions, national and international organisations, such as Cedefop, OECD and the World Bank, and governments throughout the World.
Funnelback feed: https://cms-feed.ucl.ac.uk/s/search.json?collection=drupal-ioe-case-stud...Double click the feed URL above to edit